Monday, November 4, 2013

Round Two

A little over a year ago I left home to go traveling. I bought a round-trip ticket and planned on returning home after a year, thinking I would have seen and done enough by then. Exactly one year later I returned home as planned, except I didn't feel I had seen and done enough; on the contrary, my year on the road only made me want to see and do more. 

It is for this reason, although the time I've spent here at home has been absolutely wonderful, that I'm setting off for round two. This time around will undoubtedly be quite a bit different than the past year for several reasons (primarily because I'll be traveling with a boyfriend rather than on my own) but I can't wait to see how it will turn out.

Some people might/probably do think I'm crazy, or that I'm avoiding getting a proper job but I don't agree. There are literally countless reasons why I'm choosing to travel but the bottom line is that I think there is so much value in it, it makes me happy and it's what I want to do. 

That's not to say that leaving home (again) will be easy. Coming home and spending time with my incredible family and wonderful friends has reminded me just how much I miss them, so much so that I'm truly tempted to stay just to avoid saying goodbye. But I'm a firm believer in living life to the fullest and for me personally, that means traveling.

Shots of home over the past month, with the people I love most in the world






The old gal, packed and ready to go


Here goes nothing something!

2 comments:

Emily said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Details, please! Will I run into you sometime this spring?

Wondering and Wandering said...

Hey!!! Just a short stop in England to visit my boyfriend's family, then back to Australia to finish off my working holiday visa, then back to England next summer for a wedding... then who knows! I hope we'll run into each other! Where will you be in the spring, South America?!