Thursday, August 8, 2013

But We're So Happy

A few nights ago I went to see Of Monsters and Men perform here in Melbourne. It was an awesome gig and all of their songs were fantastic but one in particular, 'From Finner', has a line in it that just says it all for me:

"We are far from home, but we're so happy"

I've been far from home for a while now. I've dealt with a fair number of sticky situations on this trip and there are plenty of people from home I miss on a regular basis... but I'm still so happy.

This trip has allowed me to see parts of the world I'd long dreamed of seeing, to learn about things and try exotic foods I probably wouldn't have otherwise, while meeting countless friendly faces along the way. Even when the going has gotten a bit rough, I've never truly wanted to be anywhere else but on the road.
















Like I said, I'm so happy.

3 comments:

Marloes said...

Good to read you're still happy!! ;) Wish I was still traveling! Enjoy, x Marloes

mom said...

Much as I miss you- I'm glad to read how happy you are.

Wondering and Wandering said...

Marloes - Thanks so much for reading! Hope to meet you back on the road again one day! x

Mom - Thanks, means a lot! I miss you loads as well!!!