Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day Tripper

While I'm content to be staying in one place for a while, it in no way means I'm going to stop traveling completely! Over the weekend, Ben and I decided to take a day trip along Port Phillip Bay. We rented a car (fortunately Ben is English and therefore fine with driving on the left, whereas I'm literally terrified) and drove down one side of the coast, caught the ferry in Sorrento and went up the other side, stopping at plenty of gorgeous beaches along the way.

It's coming up on winter here, meaning it wasn't the best time of year to be at the beach but the lack of crowds made up for the lack of heat! And as much as I enjoy suntanning, I've always loved cold, windy days at the beach.

The driver

View from Arthur's Seat State Park

Ben!

Sorrento

Mine, mine, mine...

Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry

Bit too cold for 'thongs' (AKA flip flops)

Beach in Torquay

We didn't 'do' that much all day but we were more than happy to travel by car (something neither of us had done in a while), get out of the city and see a bunch of beautiful beaches! Definitely excited for day trips to come!

No comments: